EPISODE 126 SHOW NOTES
Are you trying to stay in an unhealthy relationship because you’re worried about how a divorce will affect your kids? Maybe things have been bad for awhile, but you’re trying to stay because you think your kids will be negatively impacted. Whether you’re looking to stay in your relationship or you know it’s time to get out, there is no shortage of information, and it can be overwhelming to know what to do.
Honestly, I’m not here to support one way or the other, but I am here to encourage you to follow your heart. Deep down, I’m betting you already know what you need to do. Maybe you need to go to couples counseling or relationship coaching. I actually offer coaching to both individuals and couples to be able to strengthen their relationship. Often times, couples just need to learn new ways of doing things, or new ways to communicate, and to have some accountability from someone on the outside-it really can make a huge difference.
Staying in an unhealthy relationship doesn’t benefit you, your partner, or your kids.
Sometimes, no matter what you do or how hard you try, there simply isn’t a way to make it a mutually respectful, healthy relationship. If your relationship is unsafe, please reach out to a domestic violence victim advocate to help you with a safety plan. If it is safe, and other issues are happening, then it’s time to go 100% in on your self and your couple dynamic.
Maybe you’ve had thoughts about your kids coming from a broken home, and you don’t want them to experience a dramatic change in their family dynamic. What you’re really saying is that you are going to live in an unhealthy relationship, and have an unhealthy lifestyle, and become more and more depressed.
You’re going to be making decisions that are detrimental to your family role model being in an unhealthy relationship, so your kids can grow up to be in one too. And then, you’ll just pretend as if your kids are too immature to understand what’s really happening behind the scenes. That’s just not okay, and it shouldn’t be like that.
In today’s episode, I’m talking more about:
- Why you shouldn’t hang your future on the shoulders of your children
- Realizing you will need to dive deeper into yourself before making a life-changing decision about your relationship that will affect your family
- How you can get to a better space to not only love and accept yourself, but your partner as well (no matter what happens with the relationship)
If you need help with living from your heart and getting to your highest self, I created a mini course to help you clear out what’s going on inside, and prepare you for any challenges ahead with your partner, kids, etc. I know, I know-you are already busy with everything else in life, but so that’s why this is a MINI-course with only 5 core videos, all 15 minutes or less. This content will help you get crystal clear on your heart and work through all of the muck that’s been holding you back. Then, you’ll be able to confidently work on your relationships with your partner, and your kids, and be able to support them in the best way possible.
When you start learning to love yourself, focus on your priorities, your values, and things that really are a ‘yes’ in your heart, that is when your relationships will change. You will build resilience in your kids, and they will know that no matter what happens, you’ve got them!
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Grab my free mini course ‘HotMESS Method to Create Lasting Change’ to build your self-confidence and create a life that sets you free! https://theheartofconfidence.com/hotmessmethod
- Are you ready for a life coach? If so, connect with me at The Heart of Confidence. I want to help you break free from the cage of your limiting beliefs!
- Connect with me over on Instagram so we can continue this conversation!
- This episode is sponsored by http://www.positivevibecoffeeco.com. Enter the code Podcast at checkout, and you’ll get 15% off your first order!