EPISODE 110 SHOW NOTES
Have you ever dealt with a friendship where it was all one-sided, and no matter how much you did for the other person, they never seemed to care? Trust me when I say, I’ve experienced this first hand, and it can be super frustrating when you feel like you’re the only one contributing to the relationship.
When my deal breaker friendship moment happened, it literally came to a screeching halt. While I didn’t have much warning that this would be happening, I went back through previous conversations we had over text, and it showed me the reality of the friendship we had. Ultimately, I want to share with you three things you can do to evaluate and improve your relationship, or at least decide if it’s a friendship you want to keep in your life.
In today’s episode, I cover:
- My personal experience with a one way friendship
- Why it’s important to analyze your friend, and really think about if it’s someone you want to have in your life
- How you can show your friend that you care and you’re available, without being overly involved in every part of their lives
- Really considering if you need to cut this person out of your life for good (whether that’s done cold turkey or at a slower pace)
- How to recognize if you’re the friend who is doing all of the taking and no giving
- Why sending a card or letter in the mail is one the best (and simplest) ways to let your friend know how you really feel, without them needing to reply right away
I’ve learned that some friendships aren’t meant to last forever; sometimes we outgrow people, and that’s okay! At the end of the day, your intuition will guide you, and you’ll know what you need to do. If you’re being kind, loving, and honest with yourself and your friend, it will all work out like it’s supposed to.
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Are you ready for a life coach? If so, connect with me at The Heart of Confidence. I want to help you break free from the cage of your limiting beliefs!
- Connect with me over on Instagram so we can continue this conversation!
- This episode is sponsored by Reech Yoga Mats- http://theheartofconfidence.com/myreech. Get a 30 day money-back guarantee when you try your mat today, and use the code HOTMESS10 for $10 off!