EPISODE 108 SHOW NOTES
Have you felt lost when it comes to your finances? Maybe you’ve gone through an unexpected life change, and you have zero experience handling your own finances. If you’ve ever faced anything like this, you’re not alone. In today’s episode, I’m chatting with Rachael Burns, a certified financial planner and certified divorce financial analyst.
Rachael is the founder of True Worth Financial Planning, which helps newly single women get their finances on track after a divorce or the death of a spouse. She found her true calling after navigating her own trauma and finances with mistakes made along the way. Now, she gets to empower and support other women during the most challenging transitions of their lives.
Rachael often hears her clients saying they were not involved in the day-to-day financial management “stuff”, and they don’t feel financially savvy. They’re really concerned about their ability to manage their own finances because they haven’t done so in a long time. She likes to remind them that just because they chose to delegate the finances to their spouse or partner, it doesn’t mean they can’t be in control now, and understand what’s going on.
In today’s episode, we cover:
- How you can get started if you have no idea how to manage your finances
- Learning what to do if you’re “just not good with money”
- How to learn key, simple financial concepts you actually need to know
- Finding the right support when you’re feeling overwhelmed with getting your finances in order
- Her own story of buying a house in her early twenties with a family member and eventually going through a foreclosure
Rachael is no stranger to unexpected life events, and she’s definitely had her own hot mess moments! She considers herself a “highly functioning hot mess” now, because 4 years ago she found out she was expecting twins at the same time her husband was diagnosed with brain cancer.
She believes your financial plan should always change and adapt with you, and you should be able to understand what’s happening on your journey to financial independence. I can’t wait for you to hear my conversation with her-this episode is truly a gem, and I know you’re going to gain so much value from it!
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- If you’re ready for support with your financial journey, check out Rachael’s Roadmap for Your Financial Journey at https://trueworthfp.com/
- Schedule your FREE 30 minute strategy session with Rachael
- Connect with Rachael on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Are you ready for a life coach? If so, connect with me at The Heart of Confidence. I want to help you break free from the cage of your limiting beliefs!
- Connect with me over on Instagram so we can continue this conversation!
- This episode is sponsored by http://www.positivevibecoffeeco.com. Enter the code Podcast at checkout, and you’ll get 15% off your first order!