EPISODE 117 SHOW NOTES
Have you ever felt so passionate about something, and started visualizing it becoming a reality? My guest on today’s episode, Vivianna Thomas, shares her story about going against the grain and pursuing her dream of starting her own beauty company in 2021.
Vivianna is a mother to 2 beautiful children and a wife to a federal police officer. She is the owner and founder of American Woman Beauty, and it is unlike any other beauty company out there. Vivianna wanted to create a unique brand that supports other women who love America, love God, and aren’t afraid to exercise their right to practice the First Amendment. One of the main goals for American Woman Beauty is to create a positive community for women to come together, and celebrate all that they are with American-made makeup and beauty products.
One of Vivianna’s hidden gems is she hardcore into fitness, and has 18 years of weightlifting under her belt! She even used to compete in fitness competitions, and is passionate about healthy living.
The main reason Vivianna started her beauty brand was just to give a place for free, independent, American-loving women to come together and have a wonderful and amazing community of like-minded women.
When she met her husband, who’s a huge Patriot, she started to develop even more of a love for her country, and felt very strongly about her values and beliefs. Unfortunately, she was “canceled” by some of her family who didn’t agree with her husband’s line of work. Ultimately, all of this led to her decision to stop being silent, and create something for other women who felt like outcasts in our society today, so American Woman Beauty was born.
In today’s episode, we’re talking more about:
- Vivianna’s story of growing up in a military family and eventually, dealing with unsupportive people when it came to her husband’s line of work
- Realizing her deep love for her country, and her inspiration to start her own beauty brand
- Her desire to help women break out of their shells and come together, so no one is left feeling like an outcast
- The steps she took to actually start her business, and everything she’s learned since doing so
- Not being afraid to pursue something new and ask for help along the way, no matter your experience or background
- Her own work-life balance, and why she loves building her business with her kids by her side
Vivianna has had a lot of ups and downs over the last year since starting her business, but she hasn’t been afraid to ask for help, or try new things. She knows the ventures she’s doing will take time, and she’s not at the end of her success level-she’s only at the beginning. She believes in God, and knows he has a plan for us, and we will accomplish amazing things, as long as we are patient with the journey.
She’s worked with a business coach (even though at first she thought it was a silly idea and wouldn’t need to), and she’s gained more guidance and clarity since doing so. She’s also started practicing meditation; she loves taking a little bit of time for herself each morning to get grounded before she jumps into the day (we all know that never taking time for ourselves can lead to extra stress and overwhelm, and we don’t need that). Since incorporating some of these new habits into her life, Vivianna has been able to take a step back and enjoy the little moments; she realizes how dang precious life really is, and is so grateful for where she is.
Finding a work-life balance is something we hear about often these days, but it’s not always attainable, and it definitely doesn’t look the same for everyone. Vivianna has been able to build her business with both of her kids by her side (she’s also a homeschooling mama dealing with toddler tantrums from her 4 year old, and has plenty of hot mess moments herself, but has found prioritizing the right things is key). She loves getting feedback from her 12 year old daughter when it comes to creating new products for AWB. Vivianna wants to make sure her daughter knows she can go into the world, and blaze through and accomplish whatever the hell she wants! Vivianna is passionate about teaching her kids real life lessons, and involving them in her business however she can, because this is a huge part of her and her family’s future.
I loved getting to chat with Vivianna, and everything she has been able to do with American Woman Beauty in such a short time is truly incredible! A great reminder for all of us is we are never ‘stuck’, and we can always do something that is fulfilling, no matter what season of life we’re in. I can’t wait for you to listen to our conversation, and check out her amazing beauty products (Viv recommends checking out the eyeshadow palettes). We have so much in common, and I’m very aligned with her message; I have no doubt you will be inspired after you listen to this episode!
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Get 15% off your American Woman Beauty purchase with the code HOTMESS at checkout! www.americanwomanbeauty.net
- Connect with Vivianna on Instagram @american_woman_beauty
- Are you ready for a life coach? If so, connect with me at The Heart of Confidence. I want to help you break free from the cage of your limiting beliefs!
- Connect with me over on Instagram so we can continue this conversation!
- This episode is sponsored by Perfectly Imperfect Membership-https://theheartofconfidence.com/membership. If you’re feeling like a hot mess and you know you need a change, or you’re just ready to level up and not sure where to start, you can try my new membership risk free for 7 days!