EPISODE 131 SHOW NOTES
When you think about what your purpose is, do you think it’s your profession, or what you’re ‘good’ at doing? During childhood, we’re often asked what we want to be when we grow up, and it can feel like a lot of pressure (especially as we get older). We’re asked “What are you going to do when you grow up?”, or “Who do you want to be?”. Maybe you’ve been asked if you want to be a firefighter, or policeman, or doctor, or lawyer (those are some of the common ones asked it seems like).
The way the question is worded is as what you want to do or be, but we actually have it flipped. Our self-worth gets tied up in trying to meet other people’s (or even our own) expectations, but that’s just not how it should be. You need to find out what’s important to you, find out why you’re here, and follow your bliss.
I want to dive more into your purpose, and specifically, what it looks like when you’re connecting with your purpose.
In today’s episode, I’m talking about:
- How you can find your purpose, and the things that really light you up
- 3 important parts to consider when you’re identifying your unique gifts and talents-ease, energy, and enjoyable. Ease is not the same thing as easy (don’t confuse it with meaning the same thing). but it’s when something comes with a sense of ease to you (it doesn’t ‘feel’ difficult). The energy aspect relates to the kind of energy you feel when you’re doing something (you should feel a positive energy that lifts you up when you’re in your purpose). The 3rd part, enjoyable, may seem like a no-brainer, but you should actually LIKE what you’re doing. You shouldn’t pursue something, just because you’re ‘good’ at it (that doesn’t necessarily make it enjoyable for you).
- Why you can live out your purpose, no matter what profession you’re in. You don’t have feel like you’re held back, just because of the career path you took, or what you’re doing for a living.
Once you’re aligning and connecting with your purpose, it can truly change everything for you.
When you’ve aligned with your purpose, it will completely change everything in your life-your decisions, your choices, and even your relationships. Once you choose to start connecting with your purpose, the sky really is the limit. The only thing that may stop or hold you back is you not connecting with your purpose.
You can find a career that will work for you in the moment, but that doesn’t mean you have to stay with it forever. You may want to start your own career (something that aligns more with your purpose and feels natural to you). Again, look for something that gets you excited, and take those 3 important parts into account-ease, energy, and enjoyable.
I actually do an entire session in my group coaching program when we’re first getting started about connecting with your purpose. We go really in depth, and uncover a lot of activities and qualities to gain more clarity on purpose.
I want you to dig deep and get those creative juices flowing when it comes to thinking about who you are, and what your purpose is. I know this will only strengthen your self-love, and positively impact how you show up and connect with others too!
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- If you’re ready for a life coach, connect with me here: https://theheartofconfidence.com/
- I would love to continue this conversation-connect with me over on Instagram!
- This episode is sponsored by Reech Yoga Mats- http://theheartofconfidence.com/myreech. Get a 30 day money-back guarantee when you try your mat today, and use the code HOTMESS10 for $10 off!