EPISODE 124 SHOW NOTES
Do you have big goals and dreams for your life, but you also allow excuses to get in the way? It’s pretty easy to let the chaos and uncertainty keep us from pursuing what we really want and need to do (especially over the last couple of years). Maybe you’re too tired, or you’re blaming the economy, or weather, or family, or it’s just not the ‘right time’ for you-the excuses can be endless, and they can take over our lives. If you just keep waiting around for things to get better though, you’ll be waiting forever! It’s time to stop that, and take positive action to make great things happen in your life.
One of my personal strengths is getting things done, and not waiting around for them to happen. So many times I have looked back over the last month, or week, or even an hour, and have said “who, how did I get all of that done in that amount of time?!” A few times I even wondered if I stopped time somehow..haha! It’s something that I love, and when I’m in that moment of flow and I’m feeling good, great things are happening for me. They can for you too!
How do you actually go all-in, and move the needle forward to make the move that you’re excited about, and makes sense for you though? I’ve found 4 steps that have worked for me, and it’s a repeatable process that can apply to so many things in your life, but especially when you’re working on your goals and dreams.
In today’s episode, I’m talking about 4 steps you can take to make great things happen in your life, which are:
- Choosing the right project (something that you’re feeling a little nudge from and you’re super excited about, and it doesn’t feel like drudgery, or is too heavy for you)
- Start making decisions quicker (don’t wait around forever, because we can stay stuck here and wait until the time is “perfect”-which is never will be); also consider if it’s something that is a “holy hell yes” or a “hell no” for you
- Have focused dialed-in time you’re working on your desired dream/goal, and turn off all the distractions that you can (make sure and let your loved ones know what you’re doing, and don’t be afraid to tell them to wait, because your needs are important too)
- Take little bite-sized pieces, and keep repeating this process, step by step (just take everything one small step at a time, instead of trying to do everything at once, and overwhelm yourself)
I have a couple of real-life examples where I went through these 4 steps to make great things happen in my own life. First, I was really interested in becoming a health and life coach, and I started looking at synchronicities. I was in a bad spot in my life, and I knew I needed change; I needed it ASAP honestly. I started searching online for different career opportunities, and found information about a certain school offering a dual certification for health and life coaching, and everything just seemed to line up; it was kind of like a little intuitive nudge, and once I put in the effort, it worked out like it was supposed to.
Another example of me going through this 4-step process to make great things happen was when I was considering starting my coffee company. I went through the first 3 steps of choosing the right project for me (in the season of life I was in), I didn’t wait long to make decisions, I made my coffee company my priority and had tunnel vision when it came to bringing it to life, and I just kept doing one small step at a time. I originally thought it was going to be this long, drawn-out process, but it actually wasn’t. I also knew I could go back later and change things if I needed to, but right then, I needed to make my dream a reality, and I did just that.
I want you to know-it’s okay for you to take things at your own pace, but I don’t want you to get upset or complain that things are taking too long, and nothing has changed for you either; this is up to YOU after all. It’s time to get back on track, go all in, and focus one hundred percent on your goals. I truly believe you’re capable of creating and living your best life, and making your dreams come true; I can’t wait to see you make it happen!
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Are you ready for a life coach? If so, connect with me at The Heart of Confidence. I want to help you break free from the cage of your limiting beliefs!
- Connect with me over on Instagram so we can continue this conversation!
- This episode is sponsored by http://www.positivevibecoffeeco.com. Enter the code Podcast at checkout, and you’ll get 15% off your first order!