EPISODE 120 SHOW NOTES
Have you ever thought to yourself “why am I not good enough”, or “why doesn’t he love me”? You’ve convinced yourself that something has to be wrong with you, and you don’t deserve better. If any of this rings true with you, I want you to know there IS a better way. I used to struggle with this type of thinking, but the good news is, you absolutely can change your mindset, and your life, for the better!
For me, I believed that I was hard to handle, and that I was a difficult child, because that had been shown to me since I was a child. When I got to the point where just before I got married, I really believed that my soon-to-be husband was kind of taking one for the team. I felt lucky to have found someone who would take me on because I was so difficult, and because there was something so wrong with me. I felt like I needed to change who I was as a human being, because who I was, was not good (for him, or anyone else).
Over time, that belief just really got rock solid in me. I truly got to a point where I believed that there was something fundamentally wrong with who I was to the core. Eventually, I realized there has to be more to life than feeling like this; this is not what I signed up for.
In today’s episode, I cover:
- More of my own story of me thinking something was “wrong” with me for most of my adult life (which stemmed from thoughts being planted in my head during childhood)
- How to reframe your way of thinking and realize you may not be the “broken” one in your relationships
- The importance of letting someone go if they’re showing you ‘red flags’, and making you feel unlovable, or like something is wrong with you
I’m now in a completely different place, and I don’t feel like there’s something wrong with me. I don’t feel broken, or unlovable. I actually realize and can say without a shadow of a doubt that I’m a catch, and a good person. I’m a good mom. I’m a good partner. Of course I’m not perfect (far from it), and I’m also ok with that; you can be too!
I want you to realize that you are deserving of love and compassion, and no one should make you feel like you aren’t. You don’t have to be angry or place blame, because ultimately, it’s about making a simple mindset shift. Once you understand it really isn’t about you (you can repeat that mantra over and over), the true magic happens, and you’ll be able to love yourself, and others, more fully.
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Are you ready for a life coach? If so, connect with me at The Heart of Confidence. I want to help you break free from the cage of your limiting beliefs!
- Connect with me over on Instagram so we can continue this conversation!
- This episode is sponsored by Audible-get a free 30 day trial when you go to https://www.audibletrial.com/functioninghotmess