EPISODE 114 SHOW NOTES
Something I hear often from my coaching clients is the lack of fun they’re having in their lives. It’s pretty easy to get caught up in the busyness and day-to-day duties of having jobs, families, and all of the adult responsibilities. We don’t remember how to have fun, and we don’t even know what we enjoy anymore-sound familiar? You’re not alone if you feel this way, but I want to show you how bringing more fun into your life is totally doable!
Really, it’s about reconnecting to what brought you joy in the past, but then also reinventing what brings you joy now, or even creating a totally new menu. That’s really what I really want to talk about is creating a fun menu, because we’re not who we were 15 years ago, 20 years ago, or even 30 years ago.
We are different people now, and things that used to bring us joy don’t necessarily bring us joy anymore, or maybe they would if we tried them again in a different way. There are so many different opportunities, but it’s easy to get lost in all of it too. We get overwhelmed with it, and we get so stuck in our every day status quo routine, so fun gets put on the back burner.
In today’s episode, I’m covering 4 steps you can take to bring more fun into your life, which are:
- Being unapologetic about fun things you really want to do (whether your partner, friends, etc. “approve” of them or not)
- Brain dumping all of your ideas and thoughts onto paper; really get creative and think about your options, and also remember that this list will grow over time
- Researching new things and businesses that are in your area, get to know people in your community, etc. because you never know what unique businesses and attractions are out there that you may miss otherwise
- Transferring your created brain dump/list of ideas from paper to your phone, so you’ll always have it handy (especially if your scheduled plans fall through-you’ll always have your fun menu with you to fall back on)
I want you to have some fun things to try that you can do in both cooler and warmer weather, and also things you can only do in one or the other (depending on how the weather is where you live). However the weather ends up being when you’re looking to have some fun, you need to have some options to try!
Whether you decide to try something you loved doing in your childhood, or you want to try something brand new you’ve always dreamt about doing, I want you to be open to new things, and get out of your comfort zone a bit. Life is too short to not have fun; it’s time to find our joy again, and I can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Are you ready for a life coach? If so, connect with me at The Heart of Confidence. I want to help you break free from the cage of your limiting beliefs!
- Connect with me over on Instagram so we can continue this conversation!
- This episode is sponsored by Reech Yoga Mats- http://theheartofconfidence.com/myreech. Get a 30 day money-back guarantee when you try your mat today, and use the code HOTMESS10 for $10 off!