EPISODE 112 SHOW NOTES
Have you struggled with letting fear hold you back from doing what you’re meant to do? We all experience setbacks throughout our lives (some bigger than others), and while they may be unexpected, fear doesn’t have to keep us playing small, or feeling stuck. If this resonates with you, you won’t want to miss today’s episode where I get to chat with Susan Burrell, an amazing author, podcaster, intuitive healer, and spiritual guide.
Susan is a feisty Scorpio like myself, and she’s navigated life by learning how to listen within to the Divine urge that keeps pointing her in the direction of her life’s purpose. She is an empath, and she loves supporting women in their inner growth toward finding true empowerment. She even has her own thought-provoking podcast called “Empowering Chats with Susan”, because she loves being in conversation with people, and learning what they think and feel.
Unfortunately, we never have a crystal ball that will tell us exactly where to go next. It’s listening to that inner knowledge that points you in the direction and helps keep you on that right path, and that’s exactly what Susan has experienced on her own journey.
When we’re in a dangerous relationship, we don’t feel like we deserve to get out, or we don’t feel like we deserve better. It’s the process of getting out and getting back on our own feet, doing our thing that leads us to where we are today. There is a light at the end of the tunnel-there always is, but when you’re in the middle of it, it’s tough to show up for yourself, and love yourself then.
Susan felt like a hot mess for a long time, and she wasn’t really functioning, until she eventually did, and she stopped being such a ‘mess’. All of a sudden, she was out of it, and she had a better understanding of who she was, what she wanted, and what she was meant to do.
When she began to realize all of this, she came up with 3 words she wanted to focus on. She kept her attention on that intention of being free, of being happy, and loving herself more than she ever had.
In today’s episode, we’re talking about:
- Susan’s own story of feeling ‘broken’ and navigating a horrible divorce after almost 30 years of marriage
- How she rediscovered herself and learned to weed out the negative thoughts and beliefs that no longer served her
- The reasons why fear can hold us hostage
- How we can learn to step into our own empowerment, and realize that we are all precious and divine sparks
Susan gets so much joy from helping others find their brilliance and inner love, and she loves being a part of women blossoming into the beautiful and powerful beings they were meant to be. I felt truly empowered and lifted up after talking with her, and I have no doubt you will experience plenty of self-reflection when you listen to our incredible conversation too!
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- Check out Susan’s group on Facebook: Live Your Empowered Life
- Susan’s book: Live An Empowered Life! A 30 Day Journey Book
- Connect with Susan on Instagram @liveyourempoweredlife
- Connect with Susan on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter
- If you’re ready for a life coach, connect with me here: https://theheartofconfidence.com/
- I would love to continue this conversation-connect with me over on Instagram!
- This episode is sponsored by Reech Yoga Mats- http://theheartofconfidence.com/myreech. Get a 30 day money-back guarantee when you try your mat today, and use the code HOTMESS10 for $10 off!