EPISODE 107 SHOW NOTES
The words we say carry a lot of power and strength, don’t you think? We use words for good and to benefit others, and we use them to be destructive and tear others (or ourselves) down. With just a simple shift in our language, the words we’re saying can have an entirely different meaning.
We sometimes hesitate to say what we’re really thinking and feeling, because when we actually say something out loud, it becomes real.
In today’s episode, I’m talking about:
- Keeping track of the words we’re saying out loud, and really digging into why we’re saying the things we are
- A difficult conversation I had to have recently (and how I kept overthinking and avoiding it)
- How we can change our negative words and complaints to more positive and compassionate phrases, no matter what we’re doing
- The importance of having accountability and support from a friend, significant other, child, or colleague when we’re in a negative space
- Some powerful questions you can keep to yourself (or share with your friends who may need them), such as “I wonder what would happen if I did this”, “I wonder why I feel this way”, and “Tell me more about (fill in the blank).”
I want to encourage you to start using more words and phrases that are empowering, uplifting, optimistic, and supportive of you and those around you. Your energy levels will rise, and you’ll be more open to your dreams and creativity, and all the goodness around you. Remember, if you truly want to make a change in your life, you have to change your words!
Resources and links mentioned in this episode:
- If you’re ready for a life coach, connect with me here: https://theheartofconfidence.com/
- I would love to continue this conversation-connect with me over on Instagram!
- This episode is sponsored by http://www.positivevibecoffeeco.com. Enter the code Podcast at checkout, and you’ll get 15% off your first order!